DIET MODIFICATIONS For Headache
Foods to Avoid
- Deli meats - Hot Dogs, Ham, Bacon, Bologna, sausage….etc.
- Anything aged, dried, fermented, salted, smoked or pickled. Watch out especially for pepperoni, salami and liverwurst.
- Cheese - Aged cheeses are the worst ( cheddar, parmesan, blue cheese)…………. American cheese, farmers cheese, cottage cheese and cream cheese are O.K..
- Vegetables -sauerkraut, pickles, olives. Any fermented soy products (ie miso, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce). MSG, Meat tenderizer, Seasoned salt. Beware of Chinese food.
- Nuts and seeds- any hard, chewy or crunchy foods or candies, ie. Bagels, French bread, pizza crust, beef jerky, chewing gum, ….etc.
- Wine and beer- If you must drink, two oz. of vodka, gin, rum or whiskey is allowed. You should not drink more than 2 cups of coffee or cola per day.
- Other - Tyramine, Sulfates, nitrates, glutamates, hydrolyzed or autolized (anything), malt extract, glutamate, yeast extract/food/nutrient, sodium caseinate, textured protein